That’s right folks…it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. It’s the Florida Educational Technology Conference LINK-O-RAMA!!!! These are all the links (or at least the ones I could decipher from my handwriting) from FETC.
Disclaimer: I have used only a few of these sites, so I can’t say I actually recommend them, but people who seem to know what they are talking about do reccomend them. The only real qualification for including them was that the link worked. If you have any I left off, comment or email me and I will add them.
- www.etherpad.com – create rooms where all guests can write on the same text.
- www.tokbox.com – video conferencing site (YouTube seems to come through when embedded)
- www.buzzword.com – all guests can add to the text, works as a file converter, too
- www.Skype.com – video conferencing
- www.Oovoo.com – video conferencing – sometimes works when Skype doesn’t
- www.letmegooglethatforyou.com – sends a link that does a google search for those people who email you instead of looking it up themselves
Video Viewing or Creation/Screen Capture
- www.jingproject.com– Screen capture made easy, can do stills or video. (This one I have used, so you know how easy it must be!)
- www.kickyoutube.com– download YouTube videos – don’t go to this site. When you find a YouTube video, type “kick” in right before “youtube” on the URL and it will take you to a page you can download from.
- www.zamzar.com – file conversion – I’ve used this one as well, works great
- www.blabberize.com – makes talking pictures, very funny
- www.search.creativecommons.org – media site that allows you to search for images without breaking any copyright laws
- www.teachertube.com media site similar to YouTube, usually not blocked. I’ve found some good stuff here.
- www.goanimate.com -create animated videos
- www.gizmoz.com – create animated videos
- www.xtranormal.com – create animated videos
Presentation Tools (including lesson presentation – sounds better than lecture, doesn’t it)
- www.sliderocket.com – online slide show (fee, but possibly reduced for free/reduced lunch schools), slides play on website so no issues with students at home having a different version of PowerPoint than you.
- www.prezi.com – slide show alternative – very cool
- www.crappygraphs.com – create a graph without data to show a point – just take a look before you dismiss it, it kind of cool
- www.polleverywhere.com– cellphone, twitter, web polls that can be done instantaneously
- www.bibme.com – accurate bibliographies – if you teach secondary, this is worth a look
- www.certificatestreet.com – editable certificates
- www.worksheetworks.com – editable worksheets and graphic organizers
- www.archive.org – public library of the internet
- www.online-stopwatch.com – online stopwatch
Student Projects/ Products/ Activities
- www.ourcourts.org – civics web site with mock trial situations
- www.glogster.com and edu.glogster.com/ – student projects
- www.voicethread.com – allows students to respond to media with text or voice
- www.evernote.com– online and mobile note taking – just starting using this and so far so good
- www.filedropper.com – online file storage
- Printliminator – bookmarklet, lets you take images out of webpage before printing
- www.tripit.com – online and mobile travel itinerary
- www.yelp.com– finds good restaurants nearby (I-phone app, too)
- www.wheresmycellphone.com – calls your cell phone if you lose it
- www.appshopper.com – better site to buy apps for I-phones